Clissold Park is located in Stoke Newington, Hackney.
View Clissold Park on Google maps
Clissold Park has a wide range of facilities, including:
- A large, well equipped playground suitable for all ages of children and young people
- A paddling pool open in the summer months: Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun and Bank Hols 11am – 7pm
- A wheels park
- A multi use games area
- Table tennis tables
- Tennis courts and Tennis Pavilion. Visit our Sports page for booking information
- A dog-free area
- An aviary
- A butterfly dome. It will re-open in spring 2017 as a native butterfly dome with a focus on species identified in the park biodiversity action plan.
- A large animal enclosure including deer and goats.
- An organic market garden run by Growing Communities. For information on when the site is open to the public contact Growing Communities: Growing Communities website
- A One O’clock Club open to 0 – 5 year olds accompanied by an adult. Open 1 – 4pm, Monday to Friday. T: 020 8809 6700
Clissold House includes the cafe and rooms of varying sizes which are available for community use (at reduced rates) and for private hire.
More about Clissold House, rates and how to book www.hackney.venues.com
Or contact Richard Parker, Venues and Events Officer on 020 8356 5204 or email Richard.Parker@hackney.gov.uk
Weekly community activities include pilates, baby massage, Quaker meetings and more…
Ask for a timetable at Clissold House.
All floors of the house are fully accessible via a new lift and there is a small kitchen and a toilet on the top floor available to those booking rooms.
Clissold House café
The café has both table service and take-away. The cafe also provides catering and events management for dinners, weddings and other events. They are very keen to receive feedback from users of the house and the café.
Call 020 7249 2308
Tennis Pavilion with rooms for hire
Run by Hackney City Tennis Clubs.
The Tennis Pavilion (entrance Queen Elizabeth Walk) has rooms for hire for a range of events from social gatherings and birthday parties to meetings, corporate days and community events.
Call 020 8800 0680 or email email@example.com for further information.
Pump House kiosk
The pump house café is currently closed.
The Council is looking for a local business to take over the running of the Pump House either as a café or to provide some other benefit to the park and the local community. The tendering process will begin in 2017. If you are interested, please email the Park Manager.
Education Centre and Outdoor Classroom in the bowling pavilion and bowling green area.
The School’s programme is suspended until further notice.
The main park toilets (including accessible toilets and baby changing) can be found on the end of the house nearest to the tennis courts. A further disabled access toilet, and nappy changing facilities, are on the middle floor of the house. There are also toilets on the ground floor of the house.
Park keepers and gardeners
There is a team of park keepers and gardeners in the park. Park staff regularly patrol the park. The Park Keepers work Mon – Sun, 9am to dusk.
The Park Keepers’ office is on the right as you enter the back of the house, opposite the main Park Office.
Contact park staff: 020 8356 6834 (this diverts to a mobile phone)
Contact the Head Gardener: 020 8356 3747
For further information about the park please contact Laurence Pinturault, Interim Park Manager
Email Laurence Pinturault or call 020 8356 4215
If you have strong views on matters concerning Clissold Park, then do make sure that local councillors know.
Visit our Getting involved page for the current email addresses of Stoke Newington Councillors