Clissold Park User Group (CPUG)
The Clissold Park User Group (CPUG) is a local community group for the people of Stoke Newington in Hackney who appreciate and love their local park.
The group has been campaigning locally for over 20 years and seeks to represent the interests of everyone who uses this very popular park: the walkers, joggers, cyclists, nature lovers, families and free spirits who value the opportunity to enjoy time outdoors in this beautiful and historic space.
Read more about CPUG
For general enquiries email email@example.com
User group events
- In May we ran a very successful, sell out, fundraising quiz raising almost £1,000.
- In June, as part of the Stoke Newington Literary Festival, we ran a series of free workshops for children and families focused on different approaches to storytelling. Around 75 children took part.
- In July we held a free evening of music with local musicians, both professional and amateur, performing in the café garden. Around 150 people attended and we raised £50 in donations.
All these events were made possible thanks the hard work of the users groups volunteers so thanks to everyone who helped.
Clissold Park Needs YOU!
We would love to run more free events for park users in the future but we need more volunteers, particularly people to help out as stewards on the day. We will not get permission to run events unless we can demonstrate that we have adequate numbers of people around to run them safely and well.
Please let us know if you can help. We cannot do it without you!
Fireworks: Saturday 7 November
Following last year’s successful (if somewhat wet) extravaganza, the fireworks will be held again this year on Saturday 7 November. More information coming soon.
Fundraising and park improvements
Using information from the Annual survey, CPUG and the park management have identified three areas that park users would like investment in:
- the replacement of the drinking fountain outside the Lodge at the Green Lanes gate
- installation of some new baby swings in the playground
- installation of fixed fitness equipment (probably down by the multi-use games area).
The Council does not have sufficient funds for these. We will keep you posted about our fundraising plans but please do let us know if you are interested in helping.
The future of the ponds consultation
Following the recent Environment Agency initiative to eradicate the invasive Topmouth Gudgeon from the two ponds, the Council needs to decide whether it wants to reintroduce fish.
A consultation paper has been produced setting out the pros and cons of the various options. CPUG and the Council would welcome your views:
Read the Clissold Park pond stocking consultation paper [PDF]
Please respond either to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Park Manager, Eleanor Potter on Eleanor.Potter@hackney.gov.uk by the 4th of September.